Sunday 12 April 2009

Work experience at Sony Liverpool.



Last year I had the opportunity to get some work experience at SCEE (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe) in Liverpool. I had one week in November 2007 and two weeks in February 2008. The first was a great adventure as I was inexperienced on Adobe Illustrator and was dropped in the deep end being asked to generate logo ideas for an upcoming game called 'Wipeout HD'. I was happy to be told one of my logos had made the final cut. It was used for a logo for a level on the game called 'Chenghou Projects'. 

The second placement in February 2008 was also a great learning experience, developing my digital abilities on the adobe creative suite and also getting further experience to how a design team communicates and finds the creative solutions to design problems. During the second placement at Sony I worked on creating logos again but for another Sony computer game called 'Motorstorm 2'. I generated a large body of work during the hectic 2 weeks which shows I was comfortable in the studio and looking to improve and develop as a designer. I created the 'Kannibal tyres' logo which I was told was a tyre company making rugged off-road tyres. The logo is to represent its power and ferocity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment