Tuesday 7 April 2009

Old toy advertisements





I was looking for some visual styles for some illustrations I was working on and came across these old magazine/newspaper toy advertisements which I loved. I liked the hand drawn imagery, the non digital look they have, the ranges of rich and faded colours. The layout of the information is so different to how it is done today which is interesting to see. The use of boxes and grids to structure and highlight the important details. On the 'toy soldiers' piece I like the great scene they have illustrated showing an exciting scene from war. I have chose to show these pieces as I think its sometimes important to remember how things have been done before and done successfully. Clean and perfect digital imagery can get generic and tiring. these have definitely stood the test of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment