Sunday 5 April 2009

Si Scott lecture 24/3/09




Si Scott is a well accomplished designer with specialties in typography and illustration. His work is created by hand showing incredible talent. He has a distinct style which contains delicate flowing lines and shapes. He has had success across the globe, an example of this is the Nike advertisement made for french audiences where his work speaks for itself. In the lecture his gave us a look through his work since his college days to present showing his continuing change and development as a designer. His work has effortless beauty and has been exhibited as Art in some cases which shows the standard of work he creates. Si Scott also talked about his movements after leaving University to find work in agencies in London and Manchester before making the decision to go freelance. His casual attitude was refreshing and i found it easy to connect and understand what he wanted to tell us.

After the lecture I was fortunate enough to get to sit down with Si Scott to talk over some of my work. We talked about where he saw my my going and the next step. I wanted his opinion on some of my illustrations. He also told me how it was important to remember what it is I am trying to say. His advice was very influential and the meeting was a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment